Sunday, September 19, 2010

Keeping it Simple

         This weekend was pretty chill. :-) On Friday night, I used up some ingredients in my fridge to make a homemade pizza.  Feta, spinach and tomato pizza.  It was delicious! (and very simple!)  I bought some strawberries and made some whipped cream for dessert.  Then I settled in with a few redbox movies: Letters to Juliet and Date Night.  There is a redbox within walking distance of my apartment which is great for nights in!  Both movies were good.  Letter's to Juliet made me think about my own trip to Verona, Italy for a Summer  Study Abroad experience in 2008.  Date Night was pretty funny with Tina Fey and Steve Carell.  I would recommend them both!

        Saturday morning, I slept in a little and then got up and did my usual Saturday morning routine: Laundry and cleaning the apartment. I also made a great breakfast!  Eggs and Bacon! There was a big game against Iowa.  I was supposed to go to the game and sit in the student section (Zona Zoo), but it filled up so fast, we couldn't get in! Lucky for me, a stranger on the street offered me 2 ticket for free! The game was very intense, but Arizona won!  After the game, I went and watched an after game concert performed by the Pride of Arizona, the schools marching band.
    Sunday went by fast.  I prepared a few meals so that cooking during the week might not be so difficult. We shall see if I can keep life simple!

2 comments:

  1. That pizza looks delicious! Can I have some? Looks like you are really enjoying life out there in Arizona. I just started a blog mostly about quilts and no one even knows it exists so I'm adding you to my list of Sites I Like to Visit and hoping someday someone will find my site, too. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete